All things graduation ⇒ https://registrar.byu.edu/section/graduation
BYU Commencement: Thursday, April 25, 2019; 10:00 am; Marriott Center
Life Sciences Convocation: TBD; Marriott Center
- Check in one hour prior to convocation:
- On the SE outside corner of the Marriott Center (Bachelor's and Master's).
- On the East side of the Marriott Center Floor by the photographer (Doctoral candidates only).
College of Life Sciences Convocation Instructions
Please be aware:
- Babies are not allowed on stage with their parents.
- GoPro cameras are not allowed.
- Proper attire is Sunday dress.
- When you walk across the stage you will be given a diploma cover. Diplomas will be mailed later.
- Tickets are not required for guests, and seating is open.
Caps and Gowns
Make sure to pick up your cap and gown from the BYU Store and ensure it’s not wrinkled when you walk in Commencement and/or Convocation. Please do not decorate your cap, gown, or tassel in any way. You will be asked to remove any décor prior to entering the Marriott Center stage.
Where Should You Meet Your Family/Guests Afterwards?
For the Recessional (after the Dean speaks), you will be guided to exit via the same tunnel you entered. We ask that you patiently wait your turn and leave as the ushers direct you. Once outside, please move to the north side of the Marriott Center, where the parking lot is.
Graduates, you will not receive a full program initially. There will be an agenda of the program on your seats as you arrive. When you exit the tunnel, you will be offered the opportunity to take a full program.
Reminder to Those Walking with Relatives
If you have a relative/spouse/fiancée walking with you in the Life Sciences Convocation, please check in at the table with the Walking With Relatives sign. There is a specific name card to fill out that will allow your relationship to be stated.
In Case of Inclement Weather
In the case of a rain (snow?) storm, we ask that you still report to the SE corner outside the Marriott Center for a quick check-in, and then you will be directed to the appropriate seating area per department inside the Marriott Center.