Transfer Students

The application of transfer credit to core credit requirements (General Education Classes) is handled by the Transfer Evaluation Office (D-148 Abraham Smoot Building or 801-422-7075).  Consortium agreements have been reached with several junior and community colleges to facilitate the transfer process for students who have completed certain associate degrees.

The Transfer Evaluation Office can be contacted for up-to-date information regarding the status of those agreements with a particular junior or community college.

BYU Admissions
A-41 ASB
Provo, UT 84602

How do I know if my classes will transfer?

To have major transfers and AP credit evaluated, meet with Dr. Don Breakwell at 2060 LSB or e-mail him at and he will approve it for you if it meets the BYU requirements.

In the e-mail please include:

  • The name of the course you would like transferred in
  • The name of the course you think it would transfer for
  • A course description of the course you completed
  • Student ID number and or Net ID