Process for students who want to take between 18.5-21 credits during the fall or winter semesters, or 9.5-11 credits during the spring and summer terms.
A student must...
Things to Consider
- It is strongly recommended for students to have a graduation plan with all of their graduation requirements mapped out until they graduate. This will allow students to determine how helpful taking additional credits will be to their overall plan.
- If approved, students will not be able to register for more than 18 credits during the fall or winter or 9 credits during the spring or summer terms until the first day of the semester or term (This is a BYU policy). Students interested in taking additional credits may need to adjust their registration accordingly.
- LSA can only approve up to 21 credits during a semester or 11 credits during a term. If a student is interested in taking more credits than that they need to petition the university at https://registrar.byu.edu/petitions. Prior to petitioning the university they need to be approved to take up to 21 or 11 credits by the college (see process below)
- Fill out and submit the over hours approval form online (see below).
- Once submitted, your request will be sent to the Life Sciences Advisement Supervisor for consideration
- The LSA supervisor will then contact you to let you know if your request has been approved, denied, or if more information is needed to make a decision.
Click here to access the approval form